The Seventh-day Adventist Church South NSW Conference is seeking a full time accountant to join the finance team in Canberra.
The Accountant role is to provide primary support to the Chief Financial Officer as necessary, as well as provide secondary support for accounting duties within the finance team and payroll.
You have experience in monthly & annual reporting, processes for invoicing and electronic payments and are familiar with compliance for statutory and or legislative requirements relating to churches and schools. You are also confident and experienced with software such as SUN Accounting, Caseware, Synergetic and Maze.
Accountant Selection Criteria
1. Degree in Business/Finance
2. CPA/CA qualified or nearing completion
3. 3+ years experience in accounting
4. Strong Microsoft & Accounting software skills
5. Strong organisation & time management skills
6. Strong attention to detail and deliver accurate & timely work
7. Demonstrated prioritising of and managing work load
8. Ability to communicate and consult across all levels of the organisation
9. Proactive in identifying workflow problems and providing solutions as appropriate
Desirable Selection Criteria
– Understanding & knowledge of SDA Church Policy
– Understanding of SDA Church working environment or
– SDA Schools working environment
Like to know more?
For a copy of the Position Description or to apply for this position, please contact Calvin Drinkall at email@example.com .
Applications must address the selection criteria
Please Note: Only those that have the legal right to live & work in Australia will be considered for this position